You offer a fantastic service at a competitive price, you get enquiries and your business is ticking over – but it’s just not growing. So what can you do to boost your business and expand, without spending more than you can afford?
With a little time and effort, you could increase customer enquiry rates and expand your business – here are our top 10 tips for business growth:
1. Believe in what you do – if you don’t, why should anyone else? Enthusiasm is catching, and if you love what you do, your customers and your partners will want to come along for the ride.
2. Customer service should be your top priority. If your customers are happy, they’ll come back, and they’ll recommend you to others. You need more customers to grow your business, so look after them and they’ll help you.
3. Make sure your service is convenient. If you offer a service that is in demand, and do this in a fair and customer-focused way, you’ll have happy customers. Can you come to your customers at their homes, or offer a collection and delivery service? If you don’t make the process easy for them, they’ll use a competitor who can.
4. Be reliable. Answer the phone, respond to emails and enquiries on social avenues, and if its applicable to your service, provide a warranty. Trust is important when building your customer base.
5. Offer a high quality service. Whatever service you provide, make sure you’re at the top of your game. You’re likely to have a fair few competitors, and shoddy workmanship or poor customer service could lead to customers heading their way – which is not ideal if you’re trying to expand.
6. Consider offering your service nationwide. If you can, why not offer a courier collection and delivery service? Rates can be surprisingly low, and extending your geographical reach is a quick way to expand and grow your business.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you’re a small business or start up, you may not have the time or resources to spend on advertising or other marketing avenues. Lead generation services can be invaluable if you require customer enquiries at a cost effective price.
8. Spend your cash wisely. Before spending out on Adwords or advertising, check out all the options, and take time to decide which is going to be the most effective and economical for your business. If you want to expand, you probably are going to have to spend money in order to make money, but make sure you do this wisely.
9. Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Growing your business takes time, and if you try to expand before you have a big enough customer base, this could be damaging. Only take on as much work as you can manage, and take on new employees to facilitate this accordingly.
10. Be adaptable. Listen to your customers and be aware that whatever industry you’re in, the market will change over time. If you can keep your ear to the ground and adapt to change, this will help your business go from strength to strength.