Bizitalk for Dummies
How to work your way around this website and what’s in store for you when you join…
PLEASE NOTE: Bizitalk is a website for small businesses run by small businesses. The participation of members in helping each other is critical to the success of this venture. There is no central helpdesk on call 24/7 to answer individual queries. Instead, we have a searchable Knowledgebase and support ticketing system which is regularly updated. You can also ask questions in the main activity stream and in the groups.
The main menu bar at the top of the page reveals a lot more information when you hover over it. Some of this content you will be able to see without becoming a member – other areas will ask you to sign up to join Bizitalk. It’s all pretty self-explanatory really!
Want to join Bizitalk? Here’s how in a few easy steps:
- Click the Sign Up button in the top right hand corner of the website header (or any of the “Register Now” or “Join Us” links found throughout the site
- Choose whether you wish to become a free Member or a Business Member (which will allow you to promote your business and much more for just £50 including vat per annum)
- Click the appropriate Sign Up button for the membership level you have chosen.
- You will be able to manage every aspect of your membership profile and account at all times from the My Profile area in the main navigation bar. This is your first port of call to add, delete, amend anything to do with your membership profile, business listing or Bizishop
Free Members level
- This is a free level for individual members. Complete the profile sign up form as instructed. Make sure you choose your username carefully. Once chosen, it cannot be changed and will be linked with your profile throughout your time with Bizitalk.
- Once you have completed the sign up, you will receive an email confirming your membership. You will be able to edit your profile details at any time (excluding your username). You can then log into the Bizitalk site members area and take part in forums, join groups, send messages to and receive messages from other members.
Business Members level
- This is a paid for level that has all the benefits of free Membership but so much more. Business Membership costs just £50 + vat per year. You may pay (currently via PayPal account only) monthly or as a one-off payment. The Join Bizitalk page has all the benefits of what Business Membership offers.
- Once you have completed the sign up, you will receive an email confirming your membership. You will be able to edit your profile details at any time (excluding your username).
- You will now also be able to create a profile for your business and add products to your Bizishop.
- To create a profile for your business, go to the My Profile area and select Business Listing – Add Business. You can add two businesses here with all your business contact details, logo, social media channel details etc . You can edit any information about your business(es) from this area in future.
- To add products to your Bizishop, go to the My Profile area and select Bizishop. Click the Create New Ad to add a product. You may add up to 50 products per business.
Still need more help? Please visit the Knowledgebase and support system where someone should be able to answer your question.
If you wish to contact Bizitalk directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org